Associate Provost & Associate Vice President for Academic Human Resources
Theodore H. Curry II
The Office of the Associate Provost and Associate Vice President for Academic Human Resources (AHR) has responsibility for ensuring that Michigan State University is able to attract and retain an internationally competitive faculty and academic staff so that MSU can accomplish its mission of advancing knowledge and transforming lives. Specifically, AHR has four primary roles:
- To develop and maintain academic human resources policies and procedures that enhance the ability to recruit and retain an outstanding, internationally competitive faculty and excellent academic staff.
- To promote equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, non-discrimination, and inclusion in the appointment and advancement of faculty and academic staff.
- To provide faculty, academic staff, and academic leaders with faculty development, leadership development, and organizational development programs and activities to enhance their individual and unit effectiveness.
- To provide strategic expert advice, information, and data collection and analysis on academic human resources issues.
Additionally, Academic Human Resources works closely with MSU Human Resources on issues that are cross-cutting for faculty, academic staff, and University support staff, e.g. records, employee benefits, etc.
Theodore H. (Terry) Curry is the Associate Provost and Associate Vice President for Academic Human Resources at Michigan State University. Prior to becoming Associate Provost, he served eight years as Director of the graduate School of Labor and Industrial Relations of Michigan State University. He is also a professor of human resources management and holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in business administration with a concentration in human resources management from the University of Kansas. He has served as a consultant to a number of companies and associations on human resources management and training concerns and was appointed a charter member of the Michigan Governor's Labor Management Advisory Committee. He served as President of the University Council of Industrial Relations and Human Resources Programs. He has written a number of articles for professional publications including Personnel Administrator, Training and Development Journal, and Effective Practices for Academic Leaders.
- Theodore H. Curry II, Associate Provost & Associate Vice President for Academic Human Resources
- Administration Building
- 426 Auditorium Rd. Room 421
- East Lansing, MI 48824, MI 48824