Important Information Regarding the Virtual Proposal Summit Next Week
April 5, 2022
Dear Provost Office Community,
This is a friendly reminder that we have our virtual Proposal Summit coming up next week on April 14 from 9 a.m. to noon. During our time together, we will have a short welcome and introduction from Provost Woodruff and Dave Weatherspoon. Following that, we will leave the main meeting to join new zoom meetings, specific to each Strategic Plan theme, or pillar. In these breakout rooms, we will listen to our colleagues outline their big ideas being submitted to the Provost.
Our focus for the summit:
Our focus for the day is on our ideas. We want those in attendance to keep an open mind and listen as we hear from our colleagues. We are dedicated to valuing and elevating the work of contributors and project leads and we want to amplify their proposal ideas during this time together by sharing with the broader Provost Office community. We are not asking the community to engage presenters with questions or comments. If attendees have interest in following up with an idea, we ask that you reach out offline, directly to proposal authors.
For those of you submitting a proposal, please make note of the following:
- If you are unable to attend the summit to share your idea to the community, that is ok. Proposal discussions are meant to provide you with an opportunity to share your work with the larger campus community and give our community a chance to hear directly from you. Understanding the end of the semester can be a bit chaotic for some, it’s ok if you can’t make it. This will have no impact on how your proposal is reviewed and evaluated. This is a voluntary process.
- Proposals are due on April 11. Based on submissions, we will provide a presentation schedule for our Virtual Proposal Summit on April 13. We are asking for those who can commit to a presentation to select one speaker and arrive at least two minutes prior to their presentation timeframe in order to provide flexibility for those who may not be able to stay for the entire time.;
Some strategic pillars will have more presentations than others. We encourage you to attend to hear the great ideas being developed to shape the future and legacy of MSU. Below you will find each of the required webinar registration links. We encourage you to register for as many of the themes, or pillars, as you are interested in attending. This will allow you to jump back and forth between the various presentations. Please note, all will be recorded.
- DEI Proposals
- Student Success Proposals
- Staff and Faculty Success Proposals
- Stewardship & Sustainability Proposals
- Global Impact Proposals
- Sustainable Health Proposals
The final presentation schedule will be made available on April 13, 2022. It’s important to note that the ideas listed on our website, may not be the final list of ideas that get presented at our virtual proposal summit.
Registration deadline: April 11, 2022
We can’t thank you enough for the interest, participation, and conversations we’ve had thus far and we are excited to see you next week. If you have any questions about our process, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com