Academic Strategic Planning: Student Success
May 12, 2023
Thank you for engaging in the second touchpoint for the Office of the Provost’s Academic Strategic Planning Student Success Synergistic Phase. The dedication was evident during our time together. This work is critical to reaching the Student Success goals in the MSU 2030 Strategic Plan and we appreciate your participation.
During the session on April 17, 2023, advancing proposals identified areas for collaboration and alignment with the Student Success theme objectives. For those unable to attend, this information can also be found in the attached slide deck. In addition, the other Student Success related initiatives are also listed for awareness purposes.
Refined proposal groups as of April 17, 2023:
- General Education for the 21st Century
- MSU Lifelong Learning Institute
- Green & White Glove Service: Bridging the Gap Between Employer Upskilling Initiatives and MSU Graduate Education
- Global DEI Certificate Programs
- Using Stackable Certificates to Grow Adult Learning Pathways
- Transfer Student Experience
- Avenues to Completion for SCND Population: A Toolbox Approach
Next steps include refining ideas in order for the Office of the Provost to leverage all initiatives and resources to reach the MSU 2030 Strategic Plan goals for Student Success. To accomplish this, please review the next steps below.
- The Academic Strategic Planning Implementation Team has created an outline (attached) with suggested word limits for the refined proposal submission. This proposal will be reviewed by the University Strategic Planning Executive Sponsors.
- Refined proposals will be accepted on a rolling submission cycle.
- There will be no deadline for submissions.
- Please remember, this is not a competition. This process creates the opportunity for leaders of units and proposals to leverage every asset on our campus to create sustainable implementation plans.
Additional resources attached:
- The refined proposal submission requirements
- The presentation from the April 17th synergy meeting
The planning team is here to facilitate the finalization and implementation of each refined proposal. Therefore, if you have any questions, please reach out to Academicstrategicplan@msu.edu.
Dave Weatherspoon, Ph.D.
Associate Provost of Enrollment and Academic Strategic Planning
Professor of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics